This is the samsung building in Mauldin, SC. It is owned by Samsung but operated by Alorica. It operates as a call center primarily and I a few months ago relocated to south carolina for a job there. I worked two whole days of training before the shit went down.
Before I get into what happened to me here is a bit of back story. I am a transwoman and have been transitioning on hormones for 2 years now. They knew I was a transwoman upon hiring me and I made sure of it. Now we get onto what went down my second day of training.
I walked into the training room as I had the previous day and class was going as it had the first day. We get released for lunch and I grab a bite to eat from my car, use the restroom, and sit back in class. Class starts back up again and for the first 20 minutes it was okay. Suddenly I get pulled out of the class by the head trainer and The head of human resources. This is where everything goes horribly wrong.
The Head of human resources informs me that they saw me use the womens restroom (I identify as a woman and it IS the appropriate restroom for me to use) I am now informed by her that I am no longer allowed to use the womens rest room. In her EXACT words she tells me this “There are a lot of issues with allowing you to use the womens restroom, primarily we don’t want anyone yelling rape, so understand that you now have to use the mens restroom" I stand there, shocked, and ask if there is a private restroom I could use instead seeing as I do NOT want to put my well being at risk. They swiftly tell me, no. I am then told that I have to be addressed by my legal name from then on and they can’t use my preferred name. I must also now dress by the mens dress code and cease the way I was currently dressing.
I head back into class, now shaking violently after all of this. I pull the instructor aside and tell him I was informed of an emergency to excuse myself from class and head home. I have a complete breakdown and can no longer show up to the job.
I talk to a few lawyers and no one wants to take the case even though what they did violated the law big time. I eventually filed a report with the EEOC (equal employment opportunity commission) which tells me that what they did was a clear violation of my rights. Sadly 4 months later, I have heard NOTHING back from them.
Since I see them never being held accountable for the shit they put me though I decided to post this here. I know 2 other people who have gone through the same thing at this facility previously and I don’t want anyone to have to go through this again.
transmisogyny and rape culture combined.
When white people click anon:
When white people forget to click anon:
what if the world was made of pudding
these people do realize that never happens right
I can’t BELIEVE my parents expect me to have kids when I ALREADY have a full team of pokemon to take care of and support
A CROW TRIED TO GO IN OUR CLASSROOM AND HE HAD A PEN
yes hello i am here to learn geometries
That crow is more prepared than some of my students.
You’ve all just like, completely skipped over the possibility that this crow has seen people using pens in this room, found one, and is trying to return it. There’s been videos of crows picking up sweet wrappers and stuff and placing them in bins after seeing humans put their litter in bins. I really do believe that this crow is trying to return the pen and that is ADORABLE AS HELL.
THEY ARE SO SMART I LOVE THEM
Crows are thought to be self aware by some scientists. Its perfectly possible the crow wants to return the pen to humans. Knowing it belongs to humans.
Corvids. Who KNOWS. :)
Another cool crow deal: Once, when trying to assess if crows could reason and use tools, scientists had two crows who didn’t know each other each take a wire from a table (one was hooked, one was straight) and try to grab meat from a bottle with it. The crows could see each other, though they had separate bottles. Only the straight wire worked for this, so they hypothesized that if crows could reason, the second trial would have the two crows fighting over the straight wire. The second trial started and, to the surprise of the scientists, the two crows both went for the bent wire, one held it down and the other unbent it. They both got meat out of their bottles. They came to a peaceful solution without verbal communication. Crows are probably smarter than we are.
I think we should stop everything we are doing and become crows
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN